Our partner is a Luxembourg trademark, under which operate a number of companies with their main activities initially limited to the maritime sector including dry bulk carriers (deep sea) and industrial ferries (short sea), terminals as well as trailers and containers. For several years, the company has been diversifying its activities in other areas such as energy, real estate and investment in key sectors in Luxembourg and abroad.
Due to continuous expansion, we are looking for a Network Engineer (M/F) for our headquarters in Luxembourg (Grand Duchy of Luxembourg).
Network Engineer (NE) is responsible for optimizing and maintaining information systems that support our Group organizational functions. NE oversees and supports network integration and development to ensure high levels of system performance, security and availability. NE is proactive for maintaining documentation and knowledge base.
Inside the IT department and above all, Network Engineer is a professional who researches, suggests and implements new technologies or appliances to enhance existing infrastructure and improve effectiveness and user satisfaction.
Within this function, you will be based in the Luxemburgish entity and you will integrated into the IT team and collaborate with others Network engineers (3) in their day-to-day job.
Responsibilities on Operation:
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot issues as needed (Incident mgt)
- Perform investigation to identify root cause of major incident (Problem mgt)
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling objectives and processes
- Record, pilot or operate changes (major and urgent)
- Provide to 1st and 2nd level best attention, mentoring and documentations about our network organization and security infrastructure
- Deploy or manage network components
- Communication with end-users, remote support teams and external suppliers of IT-support
- Test new versions and features of hardware/software network components
- Based on our CISO’ directives, ensure the security of data from internal and external attack
- Participate in managing all network security solutions
- Liaise with the telecom providers for the set-up and management of the WAN
- Manage or collaborate on crisis situations
- Draw up and maintain all documentation and operation manuals
Responsibilities on Project:
- Manage projects, plans resources and forecasts delivery
- Install, configure, test and maintain firmware and system management tools
- Programs and assists third party in their actions
- Verifies that actions plan are conform with our requirements and safe to our operations
- Reports progress and milestone
Technically, we are looking for a candidate having a good theoretical and excellent practical knowledges in one or more of the following technologies:
- HP Core Switches (ex H3C-switches) & HP Procurve switches
- Cisco routers/firewalls
- Cisco Office & Industrial Wireless LAN
- Filtering infrastructure
- Citrix infrastructure
- You have a proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- You have a proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- You have a minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience in a similar function
- You hold a University degree in IT
- You are fluent in English, any additional language is an advantage
- You are reliable, well organized, and stress resistant
- You work efficiently and are able to perform to a high level of quality and responsibility at all times.
If you are interested or have further question, please send a CV to Philippe.firstname.lastname@example.org